It is known that water, along with oxygen, is the most important substance our body needs to survive. Water is essential for smooth cell function, body temperature regulation, vital organ function, facilitates digestion, contributes to good blood circulation, absorbs nutrients while removing toxins from the body. Add also its beneficial effect on the skin, the largest and most unique visible organ of the human body. Water gives a healthy, shiny and youthful skin. So what are the water benefits for skin?
Why is water essential?
The skin, like all organs, is made up of cells. Water, which is one of the basic elements of the chemical composition of all cells, is vital for the proper functioning of the skin cells. “It’s necessary,” as we read in the book of the famous dermatologist Dr . Murad , The Murad Method , “for the life of every living cell. It is what saves the cell from disaster. So one of the goals of natural body chemistry is to ensure that every cell from the mind to the heart and to the organs in the abdomen, is filled with water inside it and that the necessary moisture exists on the outside. Water is what gives blood volume and elasticity to tissues. Without the proper water reserves, the skin cells are separated. The structures that support the skin become stiff and lose their flexibility. The layers of the skin become thin and flat. The walls of the blood vessels become brittle, porous and “lose” water. And the more water is lost, the more vulnerable the skin gets. So there are plenty of water benefits for skin.
Eight glasses of water improve the appearance of the skin! Daily losses in bodily water supplies create the need for immediate replenishment. Drinking plenty of water during the day is, without a doubt, the best you can do for a healthy skin and above all, a healthy body. However, natural body survival mechanisms, when there is a shortage of water, make sure they “channel” it first to the vital organs and then, when immediate needs are met, to the skin. Therefore, what is most important for the good image and texture of the skin is the combination of internal and external hydration.
Water benefits for skin
1. Strengthens the tissues and feeds the cells with the proper care to protect the stratum corneum so as to prevent the evaporation of water.
2. Properly hydrated skin means resistant to external effects, which is the root cause of premature aging.
3. Helps to balance skin pH. If you regularly drink lemon water you will reduce the acidity inside your body. Lemons contain citrate and ascorbic acid, which are readily metabolized by the body, allowing the minerals they contain to help alkalize the blood.
4. It has detoxifying properties and removes harmful substances from the blood that reaches the skin.
5. Water is necessary to maintain skin moisture and to transfer all the necessary nutrients to its cells. It restores the skin tissue and increases its elasticity, thus delaying the appearance of signs of aging.
6. Water is an excellent supplement. Moisturizes and shines the skin. For soft and supple skin, water consumption is extremely important.
7. Consumption of abundant water fights various skin diseases such as psoriasis, wrinkles or even eczema. It increases the rate of metabolism and helps the digestive system to eliminate toxins from the body. This in turn gives you a healthy and shiny skin.
So take care of your daily external moisturizing by applying your Caviar of Switzerland 24h Regeneration Cream and avoid aggressive cleansing products that dehydrate the skin. Apart from water benefits for skin, there are other benefits as well!
8 Other Reasons To Drink Water Daily
1. It helps in weight loss, this is because it replaces many calories or sugar drinks, such as soft drinks, alcohol, juices, and since it has zero caloric value.
2. It is beneficial to the heart. An American study lasting 6 years showed that high water consumption can reduce the risk of heart attack. In particular, it showed that those who drank more than 5 glasses of water a day had a 41% less chance of dying from a heart attack than those who drank less than two glasses of water.
3. It is a source of energy.
4. Cleans the body from various toxins.
5. Helps in your daily activities. Exercise requires plenty of water before, during and after.
6. Helps the unwanted manifestations of the digestive tract, e.g. poor digestion, constipation (in combination with fiber) etc.
7. It is beneficial to the skin. It gives glow and clarity.
8. It is also therapeutic for a headache. One of the symptoms of dehydration is a headache. Naturally the causes are many, what we can say is that dehydration is one of the most common.