Foods high in collagen is a group of fibrous proteins found in all multicellular living beings and impart strength to connective tissues. Mammals contain about 20 different collagen genes which encode different forms of collagen. Collagens are the major proteins in the bone, tendon and skin. It is important to remember that our bodies are 28 different types of collagen.
While the human body is constantly producing collagen to “replace” what is broken, around the age of 35, the production starts decreasing. This is where Caviar of Switzerland cosmetics are able to help by improving collagen levels. Meanwhile, fibroblasts, which produce collagen and elastin, lose their ability to create. This results in the skin being more delicate, sensitive and exhibits wrinkles. The sun, air pollution, smoke, appear to be important factors influencing the decline in production in the body and for this reason it is important to see in what ways we can strengthen collagen in our skin.
Foods high in collagen
1. Collagen is not present in dark green vegetables but these are excellent sources of nutrients that stimulate collagen production. Vegetables such as spinach, cabbage and kale contain an antioxidant called lutein. Recent studies support that the lutein seems so enhance skin hydration and elasticity, while reducing wrinkles.
2. Fish strengthens the cells due to the high content of omega-3. Tuna and salmon are considered very good choices and all sorts of fish can enhance and protect the cells in our body. The cells in the skin surrounded by a membrane of fat are healthier, and able to support the structure of the skin thus giving a firmer appearance.
3. Foods high in collagen are beans. Beans help the body to produce a critical anti-aging substance, called hyaluronic acid. Two tablespoons of beans each day seem to have beneficial properties for the skin and collagen production.
4. Another option with anti-aging properties are berries and plums. Antioxidants generally help to neutralize free radicals before they do any harm. Plums are the fruit containing the higher level of antioxidants than any other while berries are also very strong. Their daily consumption can improve health significantly.
5. Finally, soy appears to slow aging due to the content of a genistein. Tofu, cheese and soymilk containing products have this plant hormone which functions as a powerful antioxidant thereby increasing the production of collagen and inhibiting enzymes aging the skin.