Dry skin often reacts with sensitivity to external factors, such as fragrances, cosmetics or sunlight. The cause lies in the structure and function of the various layers of the skin. However, in rare cases, skin diseases, such as neurodermatitis, may be responsible. What causes dry skin and are there any beauty tips for dry skin?
Characteristics of dry skin
Dry skin is rough and locally peeled . It has less elasticity, it gives the feeling of pulling and is easily irritated. This occurs because of the lack of moisture and lipids – e.g . fats. These are factors that are necessary to keep skin barriers intact. Dry skin often has a rough appearance, is prone to stress and is aggravated or irritated by external influences such as temperature and the environment. Its ability to regenerate is affected and its protective dams are reduced. To restore the balance of moisture and to activate its protective function, dry skin needs proper skin care products. Rich face creams like Caviar of Switzerland 24h Regeneration Cream with nourishing ingredients and hydrophilic substances strengthen the skin’s barriers, store the moisture better and make it look firmer and beautiful again. More beauty tips for dry skin follow!
Dry skin due to aging skin
Age plays an important role in dry skin. As we grow older, the sebaceous and sweat glands work slower and give the skin less oiliness and moisture. Thus, the skin loses its elasticity and protection and gradually becomes dry. Therefore, as we grow older, our skin becomes drier. Thin lines and wrinkles can be formed quicker on dry skin. That’s why it’s important not to wait until the first signs of skin aging, such as dryness and wrinkles. As soon as you become 30 years old, you start to use regular day, night and eye cream and make sure to treat your face with facial masks. Make sure that the day cream you use is moisturizing and contains anti-aging ingredients.
Basic rules for skin care
- Frequent showers with very hot water destroy the protective membrane of our skin. Make sure the water temperature is never higher than 38 degrees.
- Facial soaps and lotions containing alcohol can dissolve natural oils from the epidermis . Cleanse your skin with a very mild skin care product, such as a lipid-balancing cleansing emulsion.
- Your skin likes a routine: treat your skin on a daily basis with special moisturizing care products.
- Beware of medication. Some drugs may have side effects on dry skin: Ask your doctor for advice if you are not sure if your medication can cause dry skin.
6 causes for dry skin
- Genetic predisposition
- External influences: heat, cold and dry air
- Unbalanced diet
- Extensive exposure to sunlight
- Unsuitable cosmetics
Beauty tips for dry skin
- Your way of life affects the condition and health of your skin. Proper care can do a lot. However, your anxiety and diet can also have a direct effect on your skin. Take care of yourself!
- For a healthy appearance, your skin needs a range of nutrients, unsaturated fatty acids and vitamins . Lack of these can contribute to the dryness of the skin.
- Drink lots of fluids, moisturize your skin! Drink at least 1.3 to 1.5 liters a day. If you sweat, you drink more to make up for what you’ve lost.
- Stress can also cause dryness. Offer yourself and your skin regular relaxation, for example with a nourishing moisturizing mask.
- Good programming results in less anxiety. It’s all day meetings on the agenda. If you have a few minutes available, devote yourself to it!
- A coffee in the sun, an exercise hour or a short spa program at night often can do wonders . With a wellness program for balance, your skin will feel better immediately. This will allow you to regain your strength and gain energy to carry out your other tasks.
- One of the most important beauty tips for dry skin in wearing sunscreen! The right sunscreen for your skin is one of the most important things to have in mind. Extensive exposure to the sun dries the skin of our face. Therefore, you should use a sunscreen product for dry skin that contains moisturizing ingredients as well as a SPF index.